Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The real Delhi Belly

The contents of my breakfast are swilling ominously around my stomach like a washing machine on the wash cycle with a pair of tackies inside. I feel decidedly sea sick in this landlocked town. I think a bout of the infamous Delhi Belly may be coming on.

The car makes it worse. The sudden accelerating and braking and the smell of petrol fumes wafting through the window as we crawl along. It's a forty minute drive to the cool, crisp sheets of my bed and the fan in my face. I don't think that I can make it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another 6 months Louise...your belly will indeed be made of steel...just like ours.The inner lining will stronger inside.

Till then it will be South African belly coming asunder against great Indian spices.

Till then enjoy your Gostabas in Kashmir.

Anonymous said...

Another 6 months Louise...your belly will indeed be made of steel...just like ours.The inner lining will stronger inside.

Till then it will be South African belly coming asunder against great Indian spices.

Till then enjoy your Gostabas in Kashmir.